Sunday, November 23, 2008

It seemed like a good idea...

After reading a deee-licious post from But I had a Tiara it reminded me of something I did as a teen.


My family was part of The Portland Dune Buggy Club and I spent many a long weekend at Sand Lake. We all had trucks and campers, and there were dozens of kids, and late summer nights around the campfires.

It was middle of the day on one of these trips that I was hungry between meals. I foraged around the camper and found Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup. Hot soup sounded good. It would have been better if someone were willing to cook it for me. No worries, since I intended to eat the entire can, why not just eat it out of the can? This is the day I learned the true meaning of "condensed". The intense flavor and thickness were very tasty. But now I was kinda thirsty. I drank water. Still thirsty. More water. I could not quench my thirst. I have now consumed 5 times the required cooking directions, still thirsty, and now I am as swollen as a fat bloated tick. But it seemed like a good idea at the time.

For real soup click the button below, you won't be disapointed.


Have you ever had an "it seemed like a good idea" episode? I would love to hear about them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am cracking up!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and my "sounded good at the time" story is this:

I thought it was a good idea to spend my highschool days in the tanning bed.

Then I got skin cancer.

Yeah. Not such a great idea after all.